Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mafia Days

The day with SK8 Mafia clip has been on Transworld for a bit now but I still wanted to touch upon it, because it's a pretty rad little video. Not only is it sick because it's a clip with both Brandon Turner and Wes Kremer in it, but it's also sick because it's pretty refreshing. As I'm sure any readers out there have gathered that I'm pretty psyched on things in skateboarding that portray it as the super fun thing it is. To me skateboarding has always meant being outside with the homeys having fun. This short clip is pretty much the embodiment of that idea.

Normally when you see a day in the life clip you see what ever featured pro it is waking up, meeting up with a couple homeys, skating etc etc etc. It's not very often that you see clips of day to day life where the majority of a team meets up as part of a daily routine, cruises the city and shreds (except maybe on the bakerboys site). I personally think that's pretty sick and although I was already a fan of the Mafia, it definitely gets me more hyped on them as a team. It's rad to see that the riders are actually homeys and enjoy being around each other, as I can imagine this isn't the case with every team. It's refreshing to see these dudes are still spending every day doing what I did when I first started getting really sparked on skating; meeting up with the crew, cruising the city and having good times. It's also awesome that they start the day at the strip club and end the day with Wes Kremer being presented his Transworld cover, pretty tight.

Oh yea and the Jamie Palmore no look heelflip, B Turner fat chick kick out swerve and Larelle Gray switch ollie the bar were tight too.




No comments:

Post a Comment